Wednesday, December 30, 2009

First Ultrasound!


Ok, so this is my first blog, both posting and having one, my best friend Sam set it up for me. I'm not even really sure where to start. This was our first ultrasound done on November 30th because the Dr. thought my utuerus was a little small, come to find out I was only 8 weeks and 3 days, not 11 weeks like we had originally thought. It was very cool to be able to see the baby and to see the babies heartbeat. That made it very real!!!!

I guess now to start at the beginning, we found out on November 2nd that we were expecting! It was a very confusing time because the Dr. had actually wanted to start me on hormone pills because I was having irregular periods and that was not helping us to get preggars. So I started what is essentially and "period" starting medicine (not sure why anyone would ever want that!) and never got my period. I decided the take a pregnancy test just for the heck of it because I knew when I called the Dr. that was what they were going to ask first. Lo and behold, it was a positive!!! I called the Dr. because I still didn't believe it, I thought it would show positive due to the mediciation and Eric and I met with the Dr. that day and we really were pregnant!!!! Talk about shocking!!!!!

I had no inclination that I was pregnant, I was not sick, my boobs didn't hurt nothing, so I had no clue!!! That all changed in about a week though and I was horribly sick to the point where I spent a whole week in bed!! Yeah, so much for keeping the pregnancy a secret which was the plan!

Now I feel much much better and we are so excited getting ready for our little bundle of joy!! We don't care what it is (although I do want to know because I am a planner and need to have things organized!) as long as it is a healthy happy baby!

Not only are we expecting a baby but 2 of my best friends are also expecting the month before me, my due date is July 9th. They are both due the first and second week in June. How crazy is that? Couldn't have planned it better if we had tried!!! My other best friend just had a little baby boy on December 22nd so babies are popping out everywhere!

My next post will be my first "belly" picture and yes even at 13 weeks its already growing!!!!

No comments: