Thursday, October 13, 2011

Christmas Crafty

So I've been looking for something fun and exciting to blog about, and none of these things are happening in my life. Unless you would like to talk about the fact that all of our big bills have come at once (I'm looking at you, taxes, insurnace, home repair, car repair, etc). That is a totally different subject though. Well... not really. Because we have so much money going out and the same amount of money coming in as always(and you know, we bought a house this summer) and Christmas is coming, I've decided to try and get crafty with my gifts this year. Why you ask?

1.  Because of the things mentioned up there (^)about money.

2. I feel like gifts that have time into them instead of money are more meaningful.

3. I am a part time SAHM and while last year was crazy (with a 5 month old) around the holidays things have settled down this year and I feel that I should take advantage of the extra(ha!) time I have.

4. I want to be able to do crafty things with Kenz when she gets a little bit older so she can give handmade gifts to her grandparents and friends and will want to do this, and maybe you know be crafty.

All of that being said, I am not crafty AT ALL. Any of you that know me, are reading this and laughing your butts off at me. Its ok, laugh, Eric did when I told him. Then told me he was proud of me for stepping out of the box and trying something new (and you know not making him go shopping).

Anyway, moving on, what I have decided to try is buying this, and you know obviously some yarn to try to make hats for the kiddos and possibly scarves for my friends. My problem is, I don't knit, never have even tried. Plus I am a left handed and I have heard its hard for left handed people to knit. We will see what happens though UPS should be delivering it this afternoon, I've asked hubby to pick up some yarn at the store so I can try it tonight and see what happens. Wish me luck! If you have any tips PLEASE help me. I'm scared really excited to try this.

I've also decided to try to make these kits and these jar kits. My friends are probably going to kill me for the playdough kits but I think the kids will really enjoy them. The food recipe jar I think is a neat idea and the recipe looks super easy (and doesn't require to many ingredients on my end).

My other idea(hey I've been busy on the internet, don't judge) is filling a jar with buttons or beads, only sorting these by color first and then layering them as a decoration for the home? As I am sitting here thinking of this, I can also do this with M&M's and do the same thing only have it be edible....mmmmmhhhhhmmmm. Me thinks this is a good idea. Only I will eat all the M&M's before they get in the jar, will have to hide them from the hubby.

So what are you doing for Christmas? Do you have any tips for me? Or other ideas I can try? Help me out!

No comments: